7. No “ISMs” Please. Real men reject “isms”. No RAC-ISM. I am African American and — as a creation of the Lord — very pleased in that. We lose nothing in being open in our friendships to people of all races and ethnicities. NO FAITH-ISM. I am unapologetically a Christian, saved by the blood of Jesus. As he was a friend to all who would be a friend, publicans and sinners. Real men welcome friendships with people of all faiths. NO PROFESSIONAL-ISM. Sounds odd. But this comes with an unconventional meaning. That is, while we have enough paper (i.e., degrees) to line our walls, real men are haunted by thoughts of a people who once shared a slave pen, were rounded up as were the Japanese during WWII-era detention camps, suffered through The Great Depression, clung to life during disease outbreaks such as the 1918 Great Influenza, and witnessed so many other tragedies. Sad to have offspring so numb to that history, partitioning ourselves by socioeconomic strata as if some are not “worthy”. And finally, NO SEX-ISM. Sounds counterintuitive to suggest this to women. What a real man says today is, “There is a growing problem in our society where women have accepted majority culture values that women have some unique ownership of parenting.” From one who’s father was instructor, mentor, disciplinary, friend, and role model until the day I watched his last breaths, men have just as much capacity to love children as do women. Perhaps when we release the hidden hostilities so many women are carrying, some of those men who want to be real fathers will return to their proper place in the lives of our children. So, no “isms” please. These antiquated barriers are tantamount to socioeconomic tear gas to that distances friendships rather than solidify them.
I hope this blesses you.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Oprah Winfrey Campaigning for Stacey Abrams and Our Better Angels (Video) - November 2, 2018
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017