- Introduction to Iron Sharpens Iron Series (ISI)
- Newtown CT, Obama, Luke 18:16, and Abortion
[pullquote align=”left” textalign=”left” width=”30%”]
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” — Proverbs 27:17[/pullquote]
The Iron Sharpens Iron (ISI) series offers people an opportunity to discuss challenging questions on topics related to pressing issues of the day. The metaphor promotes the spirit of ISI. Namely, that when iron moves against iron, both pieces are made better. One piece does not simply improve the other, but is also improved by the other.
Each week, we will take up questions that require us to go off the beaten path that mainstream outlets channel in our thinking. Prayerfully, we are made better through the process and gain a greater sense for views that vary from our own.
We will evolves groundrules as needs emerge out of our ISI experiences. For now, these include:
- The role of the blog is to serve as questioner and moderator as opposed to active participant in the point-counterpoint exchanges. The blog sponsor will participate, if the group expresses an interest.
- Make every effort to stay on the discussion question and closely-related points.
- Respectful decorum. Personal attacks, foul language, and harassment is not tolerated. This includes suggestive wording that disparages the character of participants.
- If other questions are desired, do not confuse the current question. Simply send a message to the blog as a suggestion for potential future questions.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016