- Introduction to Iron Sharpens Iron Series (ISI)
- Newtown CT, Obama, Luke 18:16, and Abortion
See groundrules before responding; they are located in the Introduction article of this series.
In his speech from Newtown CT on December 16, President Obama opened by invoking The Gospel according to Luke 18:16:
Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not:
for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:16 is a theological appeal to mounting challenges of our society today in bringing up children in safe and productive environments. A theological response by a politician. At a time when Americans often reject moral imperatives and faith particularly, when certain issues come to the arena of politics. Such are common responses: “Keep God out of politics. Presidents are not preachers. Separation between church and state.” That third response is a mis-interpretation of The First Amendment. Aside from that, we can observe that on yesterday, at least, we did not “keep God out of politics” when discussing the challenges of raising our children. These statements come as America has aborted 54 million babies; click here.
In light of President Obama inserting faith into the discussion of changing we must make as a society, This ISI poses the following questions as it relates to abortion:
- Does Luke 18:16 extend to the children we “suffer not to come” when we abort them?
- How can we turn to Scriptures on Newtown and not acknowledge the sin of 54 million babies killed? Is any issue — economic, fiscal, environment, etc — more critical?
- Does the society that calls itself to change have a mandate to change its position on the murder of the unborn?
- Should we be surprised that God allows these tragedies when we deliberately propagate the murder of unborn children?
- What political choices are more important than safeguard the most vulnerable — children captive in wombs as those captive in schools? Should any political choices be made with a higher concern than abortion?
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017