If the Gospel of Jesus is a mystery to you because the Scriptures appear difficult to understand.
Or because we in the Christian community, by our own actions, make it hard for you to see God.
Or because all that Greek transliteration stuff seems way out there.
Or because no one has taken the time to share the good news.
Let me try it this way…
The Gospel is about God loving you more than you could have ever hated Him.
That He gave Himself a body, in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived in a perfect way. Jesus — divine and human. Son of God. And Son of Man. Jesus who lived in perfect obedience to the Will of God.
That this perfect way qualified Jesus to offer His life as a perfect sacrifice — holy and untarnished by sin. A ransom for debts we could never pay. Debts that mounted with each thought, each deed, and each word committed by us against the God of our Creation. Indeed, debt for sin that flowed from father Adam and mother Eve, through every generation of our lineage, and into our own nature.
But through the sacrificial death of Jesus, the debt is now paid.
And now, people who have sinned like me and like you can be counted as though we never did by accepting the offer God has made to us. That by accepting the offer, God simply wants to be our greatest influence; even if that means to love others who hate us. To love as God loved, even when we cared nothing for Him.
And when time winds up for us in this life, God will be on the other side of mortality to welcome us into immortality and eternity with Him.
Not a deal at all. Especially, since God did all the hard stuff!
Can you receive this good news? If this Gospel of Jesus in a Nutshell touches your spirit, share this link with others. And let’s pray it touches them also.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015