Civil Rights Movement Veterans
Created by Veterans of the Southern Freedom Movement (1951-1968) and hosted at Tougaloo College in Tougaloo, Miss., this website was conceived as a digital destination, “… where we tell it like it was, the way we lived it, the way we saw it, the way we still see it.”
Experience the movement through the pictures and words of ordinary Americans who lived it through community organizing, rallies, marches, suffering physical violence, and all that came with the struggle for justice.
Note, the people behind this site donate their time. If you have digital content from that period, please consider sharing with CRMV.
VISIT WEGSITE: http://www.crmvet.org/
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015