The Library of Congress maintains an extensive collection of Civil Rights multimedia resources and indices of third-party resources. This is an excellent resources. Note, that official government resources tend to present the civil rights movement from the perspective of mainstream American society. For this reason, the Library of Congress resource offers excellent information, but should be supplemented with non-traditional resources that would cover entities (e.g., The Black Panthers, Nation of Islam) as well as figures such as Stokely Carmichael an H Rapp Brown, each likewise and in their own way involved in the struggle for justice.
VISIT WEBSITE: Click http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/civilrights/home.html
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017