I pray this lil’ girl grows into a women of unrestrained purpose.
That the mis-guided norms of our times do not steal her God-given essence.
Evil, from the cloud of witnesses in heaven to the wooden benches of Alabama churches, today you are commanded to remove yourself from the presence of auburn princesses.
This lil’ girl is NOT tomorrow’s sexual play-toy.
She is NOT tomorrow’s crack head.
She is NOT tomorrow’s confused black teen found in videos, claiming for herself the term bitch.
She is NOT tomorrow’s dropout, shackled with the burden of motherhood out of due season.
She is NOT tomorrow’s murder statistic, but through her life the world will be made better.
And she is NOT tomorrow’s twerking queen.
But this lil’ girl is everything God designed for her and in her.
Fearfully and wonderfully made.
There is nothing likened to her innocence. Shaped by the very breath of the Lord. Rooted in love and hope. Endowed with grace and beauty.
The promise of a weary nation.
She is her momma’s child; the apple of daddy’s eye.
And in her, we are connected the Ancient of Days.
She is blessed by the Creator.
She is a lil’ girl. In her spirit lives the spirits of your girls and mine.
Rock it young sista’ and conquer life wherever it finds you…
— Kenneth D. Price
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015