DAY 3: Relationships and Pressing Matters
1. I’m thankful for a Facebook Group, “Men of Kappa” for booting me out. Showing me the door. For going Animal Farm on a brutha! Using the Kappa Kane to pull me off stage LOL. Ok, I needed some mid-laughter…
But on a serious note, my constant prayer is to “travel light”. Don’t carry unnecessary burdens or attachments. Shrink my circle to things that align with my purpose. And today, God, you delivered. “So how does a 35-year member of Kappa Alpha Psi get kicked out of a frat group?” Answer – for blocking certain people so that we can’t see each other’s posts. “Now why do that”, some might ask? Simply this. Beneath all that talk about ‘brotherhood’, some are simply strangers. Unequally yoked. People who would call you out of your name and cuss at you simply because you are not a herd thinker. And often over stuff about which the larger society could not care less. This is the reality of these organizations, that in some respects, are antithetical to Christian values, even in the rituals. So, on this day, I thank the Lord for the people, many of whom I’ve never met, and who are nothing more than sharing a few letters and colors. Thank you, Lord, for moving me further down the path that I’ve been contemplating due to the issue of affiliations. It is about you. About purpose. And about growing up. I thank you for moving me from involvements that are unproductive for money, energy, attention, and other resources — including the most precious and finite…. time.
2. Lord, I asked for clarity in a meeting on very complex issues this morning. And how you showed up. I don’t know the outcome. But in this I am confident. That you were with me today, handling business, and in a powerful way. I’m so grateful for your presence.
3. I’m grateful for this day, having mom here. Lord, you know the situation. And while the talks of past times are no longer taking place, the quiet times are those I will long remember. Lord I thank you for a great mom. And for that matter, a great dad, who is absence from this place, but in your cloud of witnesses.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015