Day 5: When We Stink Up The Joint
DAY 5 OF 10 – THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE
Yep, I missed yesterday (Sept 25). Blew it. Failed. Jacked it up. Straight screwed it up in not keeping that which I committed. And that brings me to what I’m thankful for on this day.
1. That God does not expect us to get it “all right”. While some people turn on you on a dime for not getting it 100% right, I’m grateful for the grace of God. Yep, for those who accuse Christians, we sometimes stink up the joint. I certainly do. But Paul explains it like this. That we have a great high priest. One who has come from Heaven in the form of Jesus the Son of God, in whom we can be confident in our profession. That our high priest is not such who is detached from our feelings of infirmities or anxieties, but who has been through what we go through, yet without committing sin. And for that reason, we can come to Him boldly for grace and mercy, and find them in our times of need. [Hebrews 4: 14-16]
2. I’m thankful that God is omnipresent. He with me (and you) wherever we go. God knows what is happening behind the scenes. He understands the nuances. The tugs on our life. The many dimensions in which we operate. Dimensions that sometimes literally leave us exhausted. In my case on last night, so exhausted that I failed in completing things like posting a Day 5 set of thanks on time! I’m thankful that God knows and loves me (and you) anyhow!
3. And I thank God for second, third, fourth, and continued chances to get it right. Even in missing Day 5 on yesterday, God has given me this day. And on this day, I have another chance to say, “Thank you, Lord”.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015