On this day, I have some things very special for which to be thankful:
1. FIRST, I’m grateful that my undergraduate Alma Mater (The Ohio State University) rolled up 710 yards in total offense, on its way a dropping 50 on my grad school Alma Mater (Univ of Cincinnati)! Yep, I’m stuck in cow-town USA that loves KY and its hometown kittens. And I can only imagine the messages on my wall or in my inbox had the kitty cats won on a big stage.But not this year, perhaps the best chance UC had in years!
2. I’m thankful that God has me at a place in life that on a Saturday evening, I’m very content to do some reading and just take it easy. As opposed to running around like some college frat kid. Whew, thank God for preserving me during those crazy days. And my memory serves correctly, there are a whole lot of people who should be thankful as well!!!
3. And the above lead me to this third expression of thanks. I’m especially grateful that God has a sense of humor. So many people see God like a big Wizard of Oz, waiting to pounce on them. Running around like the lion, scared of his own tail. Chill. Slow ya roll. God is about relationship. His heart hurts when we hurt. And God laughs we when laugh. So I’m thankful that, sometimes, even my thanksgiving can be laced with a little humor. I love that about my God.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017