Day 7: While in Transition
This day marks a major transition and something that I’ve long awaited. As such:
1. I’m grateful that everyday brings new mercies. New ideas and and new opportunities to realize them. While we cannot recover yesterday or turn back the clock even one second, God allows this day to be the one that yields the desires of our hearts. It really is an amazing thing the moment can be the fulfillment of things which we have worked so diligently.
2. I’m grateful for the way in which God orders our steps. Not just mine, but all who truly trust Him. I’m grateful that, what might seem to be a meandering path along the pursuits of our lives, is all in God’s careful design. No crack in the pavement or sharp turn, sudden incline, or valley meets us without God’s presence and direction.
3. And lastly, I’m grateful for knowing that I can walk into the things that have filled my thoughts, without having all the answers. It is a sort of assurance that enables the child of God to reach for the seemingly impossible, knowing that those things are achieved first by God where I am simply the instrument of His glory. That the Lord does not require in me to have all the necessary tools, but to live, move, and have my being in Him. On those terms, even the most imaginative goals are within my reach. That is not a product of might, education, or any other personal thing, but because of God and God alone.
Therefore, I’m so looking forward to this day.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015