Day 9: Celebration of Life, Nine Years Later (Video)
For many of us, certain calendar days elicit a range of emotions. Feelings of happiness, sadness, anxiousness, regret, gratitude, of some other response to a life experience marked by a certain day. For me, such is the case for the days on which my daughters were born. October 3rd is another such day.
This Day-9 Thanksgiving looks back nine years…
In the early morning hours of Oct 3, 2005, my family gathered to usher dad into God’s arms. With four blankets laid across him in the order of his children’s births, we watched dad take his final breaths. With his head in my arms, I was given the opportunity to whisper, “Thank you, dad. It’s been a good ride.” That relationship is what I remain thankful for today.
Nine years later to the week of placing dad in hospice care, we placed mom in hospice care. Only God knows the appointed day of her going home to the Lord. Whether that be days, weeks, months, or even more. But for now, I am thankful for a mom, who is without question, the kindest person I’ve ever known. And I’m so grateful for the privilege to serve her.
Click to play video tribute…
[important]Have you taken the 10-Day Thanksgiving Challenge? If so, please join the discussion and include your website link to your posts in the Comments section by clicking here. [/important]
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016