You Won’t Believe the Police During this Funeral Procession (Video)
Funerals are a cultural icon of the African American experience. The singing, testimonies, eulogies, and praise capture the imagination that – in one of the most sorrowful moments – culture, faith, and rhythm come together to not only comfort, but also to celebrate in a way that is distinctly, black. People of African descent know this well. And having attended and been on the program of countless funerals, it is not uncommon for non-blacks to observe, “That really was special. Full of spirit.” Or as a Caucasian nun shared after mom’s recent homegoing services, “I felt the community.” Black police officers understand memorial services in the African American tradition as do any other segment of the black community. And this makes what happened in the video below…. Well, let’s see what you think.
View and share your thoughts..
Warning – graphic language…
Credit: Thanks to Facebook user, Sic Holla, as my source for this video.
MORE ON THIS STORY (updates)
Readers have asked a number of questions about this story. What follows is a news story highlight:
Date: May 8, 2015
Location: 10 Freeway in the Mid-City area of Los Angeles, CA
California Highway Patrol Officer (CHP) pulled over a procession of roughly 100 cars, headed to the Forest Lawn Cemetery, for the burial of Sandra Louis Behn-Capel. Despite CHP’s claims that the motorcade’s motorcycle escort attempted to halt traffic, the family stated that the escort only attempted to slow-down traffic so as to safely permit the procession’s entry onto the freeway. Officers are authorized to use discretion in stopping funeral motorcades. However, the family contends that CHP’s actions were unnecessary, creating an even more dangerous traffic problem.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015
79 38 41 19 1 7