- Private: “The God Debate”: Who Won, Evangelist Dr. William Lane Craig or Atheist Dr. Sam Harris”
- Is Jesus, God? A Debate on the Deity of the Messiah (video)
- Is Homosexuality Compatible with Authentic Christianity? James White vs Barry Lynn (VIDEO)
- Israel and The Church: Debate Between Dr. Michael Brown and Dr. Gary DeMar
- GREAT DEBATES: James Baldwin vs William F Buckley Cambridge University Oct 26 1965
On Friday, the Supreme Court of The United States [SCOTUS] ruled (5-4) that homosexual marriage is permissible as a matter of national law. This decision was met with mixed reactions On one hand, the SCOTUS ruling was the fulfillment of at least one political party’s official aspirations; hailed by some media outlets; and celebrated by the President of the United States of America. Christians and other traditional marriage supporters consider Friday as one of the darkest in the history of our nation as the SCOTUS ruling attacks the central social institution in God’s creative order. Perhaps most troubling is that the decision was, in part, a result of: a void in teaching in Christendom; the introduction of new ideas that undermine the Scriptures; the avoidance of the homosexuality issue in churches inculcated with the practice the pulpit to the music ministry and throughout various realms of church structure, and a lack of activism in key circles (e.g., black clergy). WITHSTANDING THE GATES Series presents issues for Christ Kingdom dwellers to ask themselves, “In this, is the church experiencing attempted intrusions and destruction? And if so, what should be our response as citizens of Christ’s Kingdom?“ This edition features a debate on homosexuality and Christianity between Dr. James White and Rev. Barry Lynn. White is a Sola Scriptura (i.e., Scriptures stand alone) theologian. Lynn is a liberal minister that questions the infallibility of Scriptures, challenges the authority of Scriptures, and holds to progressive revelation that need not Scriptural harmony. We distribute this so as to give Believers an opportunity to gain understanding for the future that awaits us at home, in the workplace, in communities, and among other Believers.Please share this…
Alpha and Omega Ministries’ taping experienced audio difficulties early into the debate; it corrects at the 26:46 mark. Also, click [ ] in the lower right corner to maximize.
Below is Brian Colon’s analysis of the debate.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Oprah Winfrey Campaigning for Stacey Abrams and Our Better Angels (Video) - November 2, 2018
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
27 8 11 3 2 2