- Private: “The God Debate”: Who Won, Evangelist Dr. William Lane Craig or Atheist Dr. Sam Harris”
- Is Jesus, God? A Debate on the Deity of the Messiah (video)
- Is Homosexuality Compatible with Authentic Christianity? James White vs Barry Lynn (VIDEO)
- Israel and The Church: Debate Between Dr. Michael Brown and Dr. Gary DeMar
- GREAT DEBATES: James Baldwin vs William F Buckley Cambridge University Oct 26 1965
What is the relationship between Israel of the Old Testament and the New Testament Church? Is there a biblical significance the the State of Israel’s formation in 1948? How should the worldwide Christian community view developments in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv? These and numerous other questions occupy Christendom, giving rise to theological systems and movements such as Replacement Theology, Dispensationalism, and Christian Zionism. This video, in the GREAT DEBATE Series, presents theological perspectives at the heart of some of today’s most urgent questions about Israel, the Church, and Jesus Christ. I share it with anyone who wants to hear a highly insightful treatment on such topics. Classic Premillenist Dr. Michael L. Brown is a Messianic Jew, author, lecturer, and Christian apologist that holds to Arminian soteriology. Dr. Gary DeMar is a Reformed Theologian and Orthodox Preterist professor, author, and Christian apologist.
As one who grew up in a household with a father who loved the study of Biblical prophesy, eschatology, and the end times, I too have spent considerable time on questions such as those mentioned above. Likewise, I’ve been frustrated by radical ideas, sentimental appeals, institutions, and other elements in modern society that lead to military zealousness on Middle East affairs, marginalization of Palestinian Christians and those in other nations such as Lebanon, and a completion rejection of preaching the Gospel to the occupants of Israel.
Dr. DeMar offers, what I believe, is a more theologically sound position as it highlights truths about “The Ekklesia“, assembly that belongs to the Lord. in a way that terms like “Church” lose – problem that leads to an inaccurate distinction between Israel and the Church. Likewise, Dr. DeMar gets us away from a land-oriented promise of God to his people to an emphasis of the unity of the faith found and fulfillment in Jesus Christ.
It is important to note that my comments regarding to this debate does not reflect any common agreement/disagreement with the featured debaters on other issues, political, theological, or otherwise.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Oprah Winfrey Campaigning for Stacey Abrams and Our Better Angels (Video) - November 2, 2018
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
213 67 2