CAUSEMallTM is an ongoing campaign to generate funds for various charities and community initiatives of interests to kennethdprice.com readers.
HERE’S HOW IT WORK:
1) One month before the start of a calendar quarter, readers vote on candidate charities, community initiatives, and social good activities (e.g., college scholarship oratory contests). The list includes three (3) reader write-in causes, along with seven (7) selected by the blog. We add one (1) category reserved for a general relief fund that helps in times of unforeseen disasters such as a hurricane.
2) CAUSEVoteTM Each round of voting begins the first five (5) days of the month before a calendar quarter. We accept recommendations for causes via an online form. Given our limited resources, we will take the first fifteen (15) reader submissions and select three (3) to include in the general list of ten (10) causes to be voted. Each recommended cause is contacted to confirm its legitimacy. The final list of ten (10) causes is published on 10th day of the month. Reader voting takes place during through the 24th days. Votes are tallied no later than the 27th and published on the 28th.[important]For instance, for the Jul-Aug-Sep 2014 quarter:
Jun 1 – 5: Readers submit recommended causes
Jun 6 – 9: We vet recommended causes and select 3 for inclusion in the list of 10
Jun 10: The list of 10 causes is published and voting is open to readers
June 10 – 24: Reading voting take place
Jun 27: Voting is tallied and certified
Jun 28: We publish the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd vote-getters (along with the general relief fund) to receive funds from the upcoming quarter.
In light of the timing, we will apply proceeds from purchases made during June 2014 to the Jul-Aug-Sep 2014 quarter.[/important]
3) A portion of revenues from CAUSEMallTM will be allocated to the period’s CAUSEFundTM. And three causes voted by our visitors will receive of the 40%, 25%, and 20% of the quarter’s CAUSEFundTM. The remaining 15% will placed in the emergency/disaster relief funds.
4) Within thirty (30) days after kennethdprice.com has received revenues, CAUSEFundTM donations will be made to the various causes on behalf of “Friends of CAUSEFund @ kennethdprice.com“. General relief funds are dispersed during times of natural or man-made disaster.
5) We regularly report on this program through an independent Certified Public Accountant in CAUSENewsTM. And we will augment these reports with various insights, testimonials, statistics, and related information.
CAUSECalendarTM posts dates for the items discussed above.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016