What inspires me? This page is dedicated to treasures in my personal chest. Inspirationals, that have and continue to challenge me…
What inspires me?
This page is dedicated to treasures in my personal chest. Influences that literally mandate that I leave this world in a better place that it was before I arrived. I hope that every visitor to this page goes away asking, “What am I being called to do that will better our world?”
Written by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. while in a Birmingham jail, this heartfelt letter appealed to Christian clergy and people of faith to not sit on the sidelines during the struggle for Civil Rights in America.Even today, it remains one of the most compelling challenging to the church to function prophetically, as did Jesus Christ, for the good of our fellowman. This letter was the Apostle Paul’s Mars Hill sermon. Martin Luther’s Ninety-Five Theses on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences hung on the door of All Saints’ Church (Castle Church) in Wittenberg, Germany. As for indulgences, this letter serves as a constant reminder that Christendom that our faith is not defined by “prosperity gospel” or opulence, but by service and by sacrifice.
Arthur Pink (1886-1952)
One of the most prolific Christian writers of recent generations. His works are referred to in seminary papers, sermons, bible studies, and other forums. Biographical material on Pink is scarce relative to the widespread diffusion of his work. Having purchased a number of his books in the Gleanings series, I was surprised to find a complete collection of Pink’s works available online through Providence Baptist Ministries.
Race Relations in Crisis – June 12, 1963
Jimmy Valvano ESPY Speech
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017
- From Fannie Lou Hamer to Beyonce: Real Activism is Not A Halftime Show (Watch Video) - February 14, 2016
- Yasin Bey (Most Def) Shines A Light on Force-Feeding at Guantánamo Bay (video) - August 12, 2015
- Why America Should Not Impose Homosexuality and Abortion on African Nations - July 30, 2015