Several years ago, I began pondering very troubling questions about Christianity at a time when our nation’s attention was increasingly turning to themes that superimpose onto the faith, ideas that are foreign to it. Over time, it became clear that the expansion of these ideas was a broad as the silent avoidance by those who might critique them.
Christendom had grown willfully and woefully silent. In very telling ways, the church had entered into a culture of political correctness, apathy, and complicity for which the Lord indicted the Seven Churches of Asia Minor as recorded in the Book of Revelation.
For instance, in the spirit of the greed-motivated prophet Balaam [Numbers 22-24, 31:16], we have become the Church at Pergamum, consumed in being accepted. Indeed, profiting from our open violation of the faith:
12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
It is the central focus of the EXAMINING MODERN CHRISTENDOM Series to deal with issues that worship centers avoid in morning services, Bible studies, Sunday School, and other forums. In doing so, kennethdprice.com seeks to win souls to Jesus Christ and re-invigorate Christians who have grown frustrated by what we are witnessing in traditional religious institutions.
Over time, the reader should expect individual articles and entire series dedicated to topics such as:
- The Race Problem in Christianity’s History and Christendom Today
- The Adverse Influence of Zionism on the Church
- Christian Leadership and Anti-Christian Politics and Cultural Trends
- Exposing Prosperity Gospel and It’s Promoters
- The Judeo-Christian Myth
- Values-Based Collaboration with Non-Christian Organizations
- Marketplace Christianity in Social Justice, Community Development, and International Affairs
FINDING SERIES ARTICLES
Articles and sub-series associated with EXAMINING MODERN CHRISTENDOM will appear under the Featured Series menu item.
You can take a number of steps that will help make this series a success:
1. Bookmark this page and return for future articles.
2. Share this page with others.
3. Contact us if you have an interest in writing articles.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- The Prophetic Witness: An Uninvited Guest at Trump’s White House Briefing - August 12, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017
- Will It Ever End? Charlottesville, Virginia and the Enemy Within - August 12, 2017