- Images from Ferguson MO – The Fatal Police Shooting of Michael Brown
- Michael Brown Shooting Scene and Witness Accounts (Videos)
- Darren Wilson Named As Shooter of Michael Brown (Video)
- The MIchael Brown Autopsy Raises Serious Questions (Video)
- Kajieme Powell, Police Suicide, and the Politics of Policing (Video)
- Dr. Cornel West Offers Early Perspectives on Michael Brown Shooting and Ferguson MO (Video)
- Orlando Jones: Expands ALS Challenge from Animal Life to Human Life (Video)
- Are You Boycotting Black Friday for Justice in Michael Brown Killing? (Click & Take Poll)
Two early indicators of trouble ahead for those seeking justice in the police fatal shooting of Michael Brown..
First, that a single person’s account of the shooting is given equal (if not more) weight than multiple eye witnesses. This is the backdrop of American criminal justice that has run a thread through slavery where African had no rights, white riots against blacks (e.g, Tulsa, Rosewall), murders of black leaders, and famous legal cases.
It was egregious that Trayvon Martin was not available to give his side of the encounter with George Zimmerman. But as with the Emmett Till murder, African American eye witnesses are viscerally discredited in trials involving whites. Even that idea that “we don’t know what happened” in Ferguson begs the question as to the reach of black testimony nullification in countless cases throughout our nation.
A second red flag has to do with media sources claiming conflicts between [African American] witnesses. The first issue is a travesty of justice. The second issue is simply a lie. Different minor details are tantamount to difference lenses through which the writers of the Synoptic Gospels reported the life of Jesus Christ on earth, each with a particular theological focus.
Consider any sporting event where referees, analysts, and attendee see the events taking place through various vantage points. In three dimensions. Through multiple senses. And all in real time. Certain spectators pick up details that others might not. But the underlying issue of consistency or conflict does not lean towards the latter because of minute variances in the former.
For instance, specific words Michael Brown spoke to officer Darren Wilson have been reported differently by witnesses. But where they agree is Brown’s arms were raised at the time Wilson continued pumping Brown’s body and piercing his skull with bullets.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Oprah Winfrey Campaigning for Stacey Abrams and Our Better Angels (Video) - November 2, 2018
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017