- Images from Ferguson MO – The Fatal Police Shooting of Michael Brown
- Michael Brown Shooting Scene and Witness Accounts (Videos)
- Darren Wilson Named As Shooter of Michael Brown (Video)
- The MIchael Brown Autopsy Raises Serious Questions (Video)
- Kajieme Powell, Police Suicide, and the Politics of Policing (Video)
- Dr. Cornel West Offers Early Perspectives on Michael Brown Shooting and Ferguson MO (Video)
- Orlando Jones: Expands ALS Challenge from Animal Life to Human Life (Video)
- Are You Boycotting Black Friday for Justice in Michael Brown Killing? (Click & Take Poll)
Across the country, African Americans are searching for solutions. And non-blacks who love justice are seeking the same. One of the many activities underway is a nationwide boycott of shopping on Black Friday, arguably the most important day of Christmas Season retailing.
This stands in agreement with the boycott for several reasons, including:
1. The Michael Brown death and those like it over the years deserve our attention that would otherwise be directed to America’s Black Friday frenzy.
2. Those who love justice can make a statement of disapproval in the Ferguson situation by holding back their dollars.
3. The act of resisting our nation’s most heavily invested shopping campaigns essentially serves as a detox and opportunity to reconsider unnecessary spending habits, in-general, and particularly during this time of the year.
4. Discussing these matters with friends, family members, and others expands the public’s urgency that serious measures must be taken to address excessive use of force by police.
This requests from you the following:
1. Please check the box below if you plan to boycott Black Friday.
2. Copy and paste the article link on social media pages/sites.
3. Encourage others to join the boycott.
4. Return next week to share your story and see how many joined the boycott.
Latest posts by Kenneth D. Price (aka bloggerken) (see all)
- Oprah Winfrey Campaigning for Stacey Abrams and Our Better Angels (Video) - November 2, 2018
- Subscribe to LowdCrowd - September 7, 2018
- Re-Righting History: Katie Couric Looks At Confederate Monuments - May 16, 2018
- Inside Zionism: Moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem - May 14, 2018
- Irish Slavery Myth: Fake History in the Aftermath of Charlottesville - August 21, 2017